Peer Advocacy & Policy
Our goal is to connect, inform, and assist P&S employees to their peers and resources that help improve the employment experience at Iowa State University.
The Peer Advocacy & Policy Committee meets with leaders from University Human Resources, the University Ombuds Office, and other university department heads and service providers to stay current on relevant UHR policies and job performance resources.
Below are some examples of how the Peer Advocacy & Policy Committee connect, inform, and assist.
- Connect P&S peers to support and understand available services and resources
- Inform employees of communication skills in the workplace and reclassification procedures
- Assist employees during an inter/intra-office transition
Please reference the Professional and Scientific Council monthly newsletter for valuable information and committee updates regarding these and many other important topics.
If you would like to learn more about the resources available to you as a P&S employee, have a concern or have a situation you would like to discuss with an impartial advocate, please contact a committee member for assistance or to arrange for a discreet one-on-one meeting.
The purpose of the Policies is to review policies and procedures within the ISU community that pertain to P&S employees and to respond to concerns and questions from constituents involving ISU and P&S policies and procedures.
- Bring policies and procedures of concern to the attention of the Professional and Scientific Council and the appropriate ISU body.
- Develop and recommend revisions or alternative approaches that will best serve the interest of P&S employees.
2023-2024 Did You Know Articles
August Did You Know Article Can Be Found Here
September Did You Know Article Can Be Found Here
October Did You Know Article Can Be Found Here
November Did You Know Article Can Be Found Here
December Did You Know Article Can Be Found Here
January Did You Know Article Can Be Found Here
February Did You Know Article Can Be Found Here